The weather is warming up, and my desire to turn on my oven is going way, way, way down. I love this time of year. Summer in NYC is arguably my favourite seasons in the city. During the summer months, so many organizations (like Lululemon or Athleta) begin hosting free events, to keep you busy, active and outside. I love it! For example, yesterday was the start of the summer season of free yoga in Bryant Park (thanks yoga journal) which got me hot, sweaty and home late. So when I stumbled through my door I wanted something quick, cool and nutritious to fuel my newly limber body. This recipe for Paleo Tuna Salad takes under 10 minutes to prep (and consume if you are anything like Jameson or I) which was exactly what I was looking for. This fast, inexpensive meal is not only a great post-work out pick me up but also an exemplary addition to your summer picnic basket. Enjoy!
Paleo Tuna Salad
feeds two hungry people
- 2 avocados
- 1 large cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (more or less to taste)
- 1 bunch of green onion
- 2 cans of tuna
- 1 lime
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- Dice the avocados into small pieces, and put in a bowl large enough to hold the whole salad
- Dice the cucumber into small, thin pieces and add to the salad
- Mince the cilantro and add to the salad
- Finely dice the green onion
- Spoon in the tuna to the salad
- Juice the lime into the salad
- Season with salt and pepper
- Stir to combine and enjoy.
2 thoughts on “Paleo Tuna Salad”
Oh Renee I will enjoy this!!…..and so easy….thankyou!!
You are so welcome 🙂