It has been awhile since my last post. We have been busy this summer in the best possible way. We have been..
Welcoming new babies
Catching up with old (amazing) friends
Having family time before our big move
Celebrating new marriages of very old friends
Packing and planning our road trip to New York
and enjoying the lake and saying our good byes
In the midst of it all we have craved simple, quick meals that mandate very few ingredients so we could clean out our fridge pre-move. This Roasted Yam and Avocado salad is just that and is loaded with flavour and freshness. This salads minimal list of ingredients makes it prefect for a last minute market shop after a luxurious day at the beach. So when life is filled with all sorts of good things and your time for meal prep is limited by your desire to have fun give this recipe a try.
Roasted Yam and Avocado Salad
Serves 2 as a meal
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 yam
- 1 avocado
- Optional: pumpkin seeds or slivered almonds
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Chop the yam into bite sized pieces and arrange on the baking sheet. Roast the yams for about 30 minutes or until tender. Broil for the last 2 minutes to crisp them.
- Cut up the lettuce and divide between two serving bowls.
- Dice the avocado and top the salad.
- Sprinkle nuts or seeds over top.
- Whisk together the mustard, balsamic vinegar, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and nectar.
- Remove yams from oven and top each salad.
- Cover with dressing, toss and serve.
- 1 part mustard
- 1/2 part balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tsp of grated ginger
- a tsp of soy sauce
- Optional: agave nectar to taste (for a sweeter taste)