Another gem from our girls brunch! These aren’t cake-y like traditional, bakery bought muffins but they pack some serious flavor. Gluten-free baking can be tricky, but these protein packed muffins were a snap to whip up. You can also stir in some fresh raspberries or chocolate chips if you want to punch them up a little! They also freeze well, so they are great for making big batches to have on hand when visitors drop by at the last minute. Happy baking!
Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- 3 large frozen bananas (or very ripe)
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 cup of smooth peanut butter (swap for any nut butter if going paleo)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup honey (or agave, or date syrup)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of ground ginger
- Sometimes a dash of water
- if my peanut butter isn’t fresh and has dried out, or if I am not using a natural peanut butter that is by nature a touch runny I sometimes have to add a splash of water to thin out the batter in order to make everything combine nicely.
- Remove bananas from freezer and let them thaw.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree and line muffin tins with liners.
- Mash with a fork bananas in a mix bowl until smooth
- In a small bowl beat eggs lightly and stir into bananas
- Stir in peanut butter, vanilla, honey, cinnamon and ginger.
- Distribute among the muffin tins.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden on top.
- Remove from the oven and cool before serving