For me Christmas is cold-streets, bright lights and hot drinks. Nothing makes me feel cozier than beating the chill with a sip of something warm and soothing. This festive recipe was a highlight at our Christmas Brunch, but is an easy drink to make on any cold winters eve. For adult revelers, you can add a splash of rum to grow up this drink. Enjoy warming up with homemade Spiced Drinking Chocolate. Merry Christmas!
Slow-Cooked Spiced Drinking Chocolate
Makes 10 to 12 servings
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 8 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 cups of skim milk
- In the bowl of a slow-cooker, whisk together the cocoa, chocolate chips, condensed milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, chili powder and milk.
- Heat on low for two hours, stirring occasionally to ensure chocolate is melting.
- Keep warm and serve.