We have been busy travelling, renovating, working and scheming. New York City is always a rush, but it feels as if life whizzing by with even greater fervor in the last few months. However, it is been all been the best kinds of busy. Our days have been brimming with birthday celebrations, weekend escapes, social events, holidays and long adventures. Tomorrow we set off with a few of our nearest and dearest for nine days in Costa Rica. We are living life and living it to the full. In the face of all the crazy, we are fulfilled and we are happy. That being said we have been mindful to take few moments to slow down and home cook some good, hearty fall meals. Which brings me to today’s newest recipe for a creamless creamed soup. It is fast and it is tasty. Enjoy, and happy fall all!
Creamless Cream of Vegetable Soup
- 1 bunch of celery
- 1 yam
- 1 potato (replace with Yam if desired)
- 1 leek
- 1 red onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp of ginger root
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 tsp of basil
- 1 tsp of garlic pepper
- A dash or sriracha
- 2/3 cup of plain greek or coconut yogurt (if you wanted to make this a regular vegetable soup that is vegan friendly you can always skip the yogurt all together)
- Garnish options: Chives, Turkey bacon, Greek yogurt or fresh basil
- Chop the celery, yam, potato, leek and onion, and add to a large soup pot
- Mince the garlic and ginger and add to the other vegetables.
- Cover with vegetable broth.
- Season with basil, garlic powder and sriracha.
- Bring entire soup to a roaring boil, and continue to boil until potatoes and yams soften (about 20-25 minutes)
- Remove from the heat and stir in the greek yogurt. Blend entire soup until smooth with an immersion or regular blender.