We have a serious amount of life happening right now. Everything seems to be moving at rapid pace. We are also sitting on the cusp of some potential monumental changes, or simply solidifying that everything in our little ecosystem will stay exactly the same for a touch longer. But right now we wait, and while we wait I have been trying to keep busy. Thus I have been cooking, baking and talking non-stop. Which just means you reap the rewards of new recipes, such as this awesome Paleo (or vegan if you choose) dish. Try using this recipe as your base and customize any way you like by throwing in any extra veggies laying around in your crisper (broccoli is pretty darn great). Experiment, enjoy, but most importantly take advantage of the approaching warmer temperatures.
Paleo Fish Taco Bowls
- coconut oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 lime
- cilantro to taste
- 1 large yam
- 3 fillets of tilapia (skip if going vegan)
- 3 cups of kale
- 1 cup/can of black beans (skip if doing strict paleo)
- 1 avocado
- Add coconut oil to a large skillet or wok
- Mince the garlic and add to the skillet.
- Dice the red pepper and onions. Add to the pan and sauté on high.
- Stir in the chili powder, cumin and red pepper flakes. Continue to sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Chop the yams into very small cubes. Add to the pan and continue to sauté stirring every now and then.
- Juice the lime into the pan.
- Mince the cilantro and add to the pan.
- Once the yams have cooked and the edges have browned, dice the tilapia into large chunks and add to the pan.
- Stir in the kale and black beans and continue to sauté until the kale has wilted and the fish have cooked.
- Remove from the heat, top with avocado and serve.