Remember when this used to be a food blog and not just a chronicling of our city life? My apologies for the lack of posts (specifically food related musings) we have had a busy, full summer filled with weekends away, road trips and a new, amazing career for me. It has been such a blast. Jameson and I are both feel so recharged and refreshed after our first summer in NYC. I will get to documenting all of that soon, but for now here is some proof that I have in fact been whimsically whipping up new creations in my kitchen. Since Jameson is in Vegas at the moment celebrating the pending marriage of two very dear friends, these muffins come with the sign of approval from three very trustworthy young men. Not only that but they are super quick to make, and only requires dirtying a single bowl (so it’s perfect for you urban readers whose kitchen real estate is less than robust). Enjoy.
Banana White Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes one dozen
- 4 large, frozen bananas
- 1/2 a cup of the sweetener of your choice (honey, sugar or stevia are all great)
- However, often I skip this entirely if my bananas are super ripe. They can often add enough sweetness on their own. So you may want to start with an 1/8 of a cup at a time and see how sweet they taste.
- 1 egg (or egg substitute for the vegans)
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp of Vanilla
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups of white chocolate chips ( I use Ghirardelli )
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a muffin tin with liners.
- Peel and mash the bananas with a fork.
- Beat the sweetener you chose and egg into the bananas.
- Beat in the applesauce and vanilla
- Stir in the baking soda, baking powder and flour.
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Distribute between the muffin cups.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean)