The thing I miss most about the west coast is the seafood. Atlantic Salmon just doesn’t cut it. Shellfish is hard to score. Cheap sushi is non existent here, and even the pricier fare isn’t as tasty as back home. So last week I saw a photo on Pinterest of Salmon Tacos, and my taste buds started to tingle (actually). When I clicked through there was no recipe so I resolved myself to craft something that tastes as good as the Pinterest perfect photo looked. Then Pacific Salmon was in stock at Trader Joe’s and the rest is history. These, amazing, tasty, filling, simple, awesome, nutrient rich tacos were born. Enjoy first, and you can thank me later.
Salmon Tacos with Sautéed Kale and Cilantro Lime Yoghurt
Makes 8 Tacos
- 2 salmon filets
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of ginger
- 1/2 cup of greek Yoghurt
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup of cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 1 jalapeño
- 4 cups of kale
- 1 avocado
- 1 package of tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the salmon filets in an oven proof baking dish.
- Sprinkle the salmon with paprika and ginger. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
- In a small bowl, add the yoghurt.
- Juice the lime into the yoghurt and stir to combine.
- Mince the cilantro and stir into the yoghurt mixture. Place in the fridge to chill until ready.
- Add the coconut oil to a frying pan.
- Finely mince the onion and jalapeño, and add to the frying pan. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Finely chop the kale and add to the frying pan. Sauté until tender, and then remove from the heat and set to the side.
- Mash the avocado in a small bowl until smooth.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and break apart with a fork into flakes.
- To create your taco: spread 2 tsp of avocado down the middle of your tortilla and top with yoghurt mixture. Then add a portion of the kale mixture and the salmon. The wrap up and enjoy.
One thought on “Salmon Tacos with Sautéed Kale and Cilantro Lime Yoghurt”
Hi! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading your blog posts.
Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums
that go over the same subjects? Thanks a ton!