Breakfast for dinner is the best. It is even better when it is easy. This simple recipe just requires a quick chop, bake, fry and then you are ready to serve. It also works well in our household of differing dietary concerns because it can be vegan (no egg), vegetarian (with egg) or paleo (with egg and turkey bacon). On days when we want a fast, low maintenance dinner this filling, flavorful meal is our go to.
Baked Yam and Brussel Sprout Hash
Enough to share or dinner for 2 hungry people
- 2 medium yams
- about 30 brussel sprouts
- 1/4 cup of fresh chives
- 3 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 to 4 eggs (optional)
- turkey bacon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Chop the yams and brussel sprouts into bite sized pieces, and arrange on the baking sheet
- Mince the garlic and chives, and sprinkle over yams and brussel sprouts
- Season vegetables with salt and pepper and mix to ensure they are evenly coated.
- Roast the hash for 40 minutes or until yams and brussels have softened and are cooked through. Stir once in the middle of the baking time.
- Remove from the oven and place in serving dishes.
- Fry eggs and bacon in a fry pan, then top the hash with your choice and serve.