It is the Canada day long weekend and the weather is spectacular. We have made the most of it with
and Bachelor Parties on Sail boats.
With the busyness of the days and the sun beating down on us, the last thing I want is to be was inside prepping a meal or baking in front of the stove. So this cool, crisp and simple salad, which is loaded with nourishing summer ingredients fit the bill for dinner. The recipe is a meal salad for one person. I do it for one because there are so many options for this salad and dressing that you either follow my recipe or engage your culinary creativity to suit your own palette.
Summer Spinnach Salad (for 1)
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 1/3 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1 fresh apricot, chopped
- 4 strawberries, chopped
- a sprinkling of nuts (almonds or pine nuts are my favourite)
- 1/2 an avocado
- Smoked Salmon, chopped
I usually make large amounts of this dressing in a mason jar because I use it for a lot of recipes Therefore if you want a small amount I would suggest using 1 tbsp as your part amount, or if you want a large batch use 1/4 cup as your amount.
- 1 part balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 part oil
- 1 part mustard
- 1/4 part agave nectar or honey
- Minced garlic to taste
- Minced ginger root to taste
- Chop the salmon, apricot and strawberries into bite sized pieces. Add to a single serving bowl.
- Place the rest of the salad ingredients into your bowl.
- Place all dressing ingredients into a jar or bowl. Shake or stir to mix.
- Pour desired amount over salad and toss.
- Serve and enjoy.