I am home sick today (thanks to the little kindie who was sick in my hands last week), but I am not very good at the sitting still and resting thing. So today I got a whole manner of things accomplished from renewing my passport to creating a new healthy muffin recipe (and eating most of them). These egg-less, refined sugar-less, butter-less muffins may very well be my fave muffins I have ever made. The coconut milk keeps these gems moist, where as the dark chocolate gives them a delicious richness.
Vegan Banana and Dark Chocolate Muffins
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- 2 thawed frozen bananas
- ¼ cup of oil
- 1 tsp of Vanilla
- ¾ cup of agave nectar
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- ½ cup of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin.
- Cream together the coconut milk, bananas, oil, vanilla and agave nectar.
- Mix in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin tins and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean